ABOUT THE COURSE
- We bring to you a highly-comprehensive, exclusive and completely separate batches/courses for UPPSC-PCS exams, prepared by a team of experts working tirelessly to cater to exam’s ever changing needs and to aid your process of becoming a humane civil servant.
- All the lectures are planned and delivered by the team of our expert faculty by providing everyone with an affordable solution for UPPSC-PCS aspirants.
WHY CHOOSE OUR UPPSC-PCS FOUNDATION COURSE
- The course duration is 10-12 months.
- Coverage of the entire syllabus is complete and comprehensive.
- Updated study materials, as well as recent case studies of Mains are linked using an innovative methodology.
- Through daily assignments, you will learn the art of writing good answers.
- Discussion of questions from previous years as well as anticipated questions.
- One-on-One personalized mentoring.
FEATURES OF OUR UPPSC-PCS FOUNDATION COURSE
|Separately dedicated batch|
|Updated study materials|
|Doubt clearing sessions|
|Support from start to end-Mentorship Program|
- UPPSC is an abbreviation for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
- It is the proper authority to hold the state services test to recruit candidates for the UP state government’s Group A and Group B services.
- The UPPSC PCS 2023 prelims exam was held on May 14, 2023.
- The mains exam for UPPSC PCS will begin on September 23, 2023.
- The UPPSC administers a Provincial Civil Services Examination, abbreviated as the PCS Examination.
|Exam||Provincial Civil Service Exam or PCS Exam; officially known as the Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Services Examination|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Purpose of PCS Exam||To recruit Group A and Group B officers into the executive branch of the Uttar Pradesh state government|
|PCS Exam Pattern||PCS Exam is conducted in three stages (similar to UPSC ):|
Prelims – 2 papers – objective type questions
Mains – 8 papers – essay/descriptive type
|UPPSC Vacancy Year wise||Varies every year;|
For UPPSC Vacancy 2022 – 250
For UPPSC Vacancy 2021 – 400
For UPPSC Vacancy 2020 – 200
For UPPSC Vacancy 2019 – 364
For UPPSC Vacancy 2018 – 831
For UPPSC Vacancy 2017 – 677
For UPPSC Vacancy 2016 – 633
UPPSC AGE LIMIT
The PCS exam (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Exam) age limit (as of July 1 of the exam year) is:
- Minimum age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 40 years
UPPSC 2023 – PRELIMS, MAINS & INTERVIEW
PCS Exam has three stages:
UPPSC PREPARATION & UPSC PREPARATION-THE DIFFERENCE
- The key distinction between UPSC and UP PCS test preparation is that in the latter, candidates must also study details about the state of Uttar Pradesh (history, geography, politics, and current affairs)
- The preparation technique for both is mostly focused on NCERT books and notes, standard reference books (such as Laxmikanth’s Polity), and current affairs preparation.
ABOUT UPPSC EXAM
- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts the Provincial Civil Service Exam (PCS Exam) to recruit for state-level services. The selected PCS officers can be promoted to IAS officers later in their careers.
- The recent change in the pattern of the UP PCS Exam has made it quite similar to the UPSC Exam Pattern. Now, like the IAS exam, there are 4 GS papers and the choice of ONLY ONE OPTIONAL SUBJECT IN PCS MAINS.
The working of the UPPSC is regulated by:
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (Regulation), 1976
- The Uttar Pradesh State Public Service Commission (Regulation of Procedure Act, 1985)
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (Procedure and Conduct of Business) Rules 2011.
- PCS Exam (Combined State/Upper Subordinate Examination – Prelims, Mains)
- Review Officer (RO)/Assistant Review Officer (ARO) Examination (Prelims, Mains)
- Additional Private Secretary (APS) Examination
- Assistant Registrar Examination
- Combined State Engineering Examination
- Assistant Prosecuting Officer Examination
- UP Nyayic Seva (Junior Division) Examination
What are PCS exams?
- The PCS exam is a Provincial Civil Service Exam given by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. It hires applicants for the state government’s Group A and B services.
Is PCS Exam easier than IAS?
- The exam pattern of PCS Exam is almost similar to IAS Exam. The difference lies in the emphasis on the state’s history, geography, polity, economy, culture etc, in the PCS Exam; which is not asked in the IAS exam. At the state level, the UPPSC PCS Exam is also tough.
What is the salary of PCS officer?
- As per the 7th Pay Commission, Rs.56100-132000 (Pay Level 10) is an entry-level salary for a PCS officer.
Which subject is best for PCS?
- If a candidate intends to prepare for the PCS Exam alongside his or her graduation, he or she must choose a subject from the UPPSC Optional Subjects list. PCS candidates, like UPSC candidates, typically pick Sociology, Geography, Political Science & IR, and History as their preferred subjects.
UPPSC Syllabus Related FAQs
Which is the current UPPSC exam pattern followed in the PCS exam?
- PCS Exam Pattern changed in 2018 and now UPPSC syllabus 2023 is based on that pattern.
How many subjects are in UPPSC syllabus for PCS Exam (Mains)?
- As per the new PCS Exam Pattern, there are 4 GS papers, 2 Optional Papers (1 subject), Essay and General Hindi paper.
How can I prepare for UPPSC 2023?
- An aspirant of PCS Exam should thoroughly read the syllabus given by UPPSC. To cover up the syllabus, he/she must read UP board school books along with a reference book for each subject mentioned in UPPSC syllabus.
What is the biggest change made for the UPPSC Syllabus 2023?
- The most significant change in the UPPSC Syllabus is in the UPPSC Mains Syllabus. The two optional subjects have been withdrawn from the UPPSC Mains Syllabus and replaced with two General Studies Papers that will test the applicants’ knowledge of the state of Uttar Pradesh.